ISSN 2304-0238; eISSN 2616-7352
Ethical standards for publication
The Editors of "Ukrainian Journal of Nephrology and Dialysis," co-founders of which are State institution "Institute of Nephrology of NAMS of Ukraine" and the National Kidney Foundation of Ukraine, supports a certain level of requirements during the selection of articles submitted for publication. These standards are defined in scientific direction of journal, which is defined by the Certificate of registration and standards of quality scientific papers accepted in the scientific community.
The Editors present a list of ethical norms according to a profile of the magazine, that should guide a person involved in the publication of research results in practical and experimental nephrology and related disciplines (immunology, biochemistry, pathomorphology, microbiology, etc.). We suggest these rules and regulations that were developed guided by the recommendations of Committee on Publication Ethics, International standards for editors and authors, and Ethic codex of ukrainian scientist, can provide substantial assistance to either experienced scientist or graduate students and young scientists.
Ethical obligations of the Editorial board of journal:
- Editorial Board is responsible for everything published in the journal, that’s why all materials submitted for publication are carefully selected and reviewed. Editorial Board reserves the right to reject an article or return it for revision. The author, in turn, is obliged to finish the article according to comments of reviewers and editorial board;
- Editorial Board / Council has to make fair and impartial decisions, independent of commercial or other interests and ensure a fair process of review;
- Editorial Board / Council may reject a manuscript without review if it is considered not match the journals’ politic;
- Editorial Board / Council may remove even already published article under finding out the violation of someone's rights or accepted norms of scientific ethics. On the fact of removing the article editors informs the author, who provided the article and the organization where the work was performed;
- Editorial Board / Council allows the spread of any journal articles or extracts from them in electronic networks, but references to the source is required;
- According to international law in part of compliance of authors rights about informational resources, journal materials cannot be reproduced in whole or in part in any form (electronic or printed) without the prior written consent of the authors and editors of the journal. In fact of using the published material in the context of other documents is necessary to reference to the source.
Ethical obligations of authors:
- Research, published in the journal should be conducted in accordance with applicable law and ethical standards. It is necessary to indicate any dangerous implications and risks related to a new study;
- Authors should present their results clearly and unambiguously, so that their findings can be confirmed by other scientists, without forgery or improper manipulation of data;
- Authors of articles are responsible for the context of articles and for the fact of their publication;
- Authors must follow the requirements of publication. It is not acceptable to represent plagiarism as original work for publication and previously published articles;
- Funding sources and relevant conflicts of interest must be disclosed without fail. Authors should ensure the absence of contractual relationship or ownership considerations that could affect on publication of information contained in the manuscript;
- Authors should clearly indicate the sources of all quoted or represented information and have to make appropriate reference to the literature used in work in accordance with GOST 7.1:2006. Editorial Board / Council may refuse to publish articles under non-specified requirements.
Ethical obligations of reviewers:
- Every scientist who submits an article for publication, shall perform a definite part of work in review;
- All articles submitted for publication must be reviewed by the supervisor of the author (s), academic institution, where the work was performed and by members of the editorial board / council of journal. If the editorial board / council is not confident in the possibility of publishing this article, it reserves the right to appoint an independent reviewer;
- All members of the editorial board / council are reviewers;
- Reviewer shall objectively evaluate the quality of the manuscript, presented experimental and theoretical work, its interpretation and presentation, and also consider the extent to which work meets academic standards and requirements for its design. Reviewer must respect the intellectual independence of authors.